Nancy Shapiro To Speak At The Employment Law Masterclass Toronto
August 10, 2022
Nancy Shapiro will be speaking at the online event, The Employment Law Masterclass Toronto, on September 8, 2022.
Nancy will take part in a panel discussion on: Understanding recent trends in just cause terminations to limit exposure to legal issues.
The panel will examine recent trends and themes in just cause termination cases, and identify what employers need to be aware of when negotiating contracts and handling workplace incidents.
- Managing the potential increase in harassment and bullying claims
- Overview of recent cases upheld on common law instead of statutes
- Understanding the legal implications of the Render v. ThyssenKrupp Elevator case
- Dealing with the ongoing uncertainty caused by the Waksdale v. Swegon North America decision
- Tips for drafting enforceable termination clauses to minimize liability
For more information, please click here.