March 27, 2017
Kirk Baert will be speaking on an expert panel at the OBA’s Public Law Class Actions Program on March 27th. The program will explore practical strategies for prosecuting or defending public law class actions, including:
- Navigating the intersection of the Class Proceedings Act and the Proceedings Against the Crown Act
- Acting for communities: helpful advice for communicating with class members and balancing their interests
- How does the public element impact the commonality analysis?
- Unique evidentiary issues
- Coordinating your litigation strategy with a media/public relations strategy
- How the underlying remedial objectives of the litigation alter the types of remedies sought