Infectious Disease Emergency Leave Extended to January 1, 2022
September 20, 2021
- The COVID-19 Period has been further extended in Ontario and is now slated to end on January 1, 2022.
- Infectious Disease Emergency Leave (IDEL) is extended to January 1, 2022.
- The three paid sick days in relation to COVID-19 related matters are extended to December 31, 2021.
- After Infectious Disease Emergency Leave ends, employees who were placed out of active service as a result of the pandemic are no longer on that leave ESA regular rules around constructive dismissal resume ESA regular rules around temporary lay-off result and the layoff clock resets on January 1, 2022 for employees who were on Infectious Disease Emergency Leave.
- Employees out on leave of their own volition may have other leaves still available to them under the ESA or, in some situations, based on human rights legislation.