Stryker Implants, October 25, 2019
October 25, 2019
Please note that the lawsuit and the settlement described below do NOT relate to any other Stryker hip implant system, including the Rejuvenate Monoblock Hip System.
The Defendants, while not admitting liability, have agreed to a settlement of this lawsuit. The settlement applies to all persons who were implanted with a Stryker Rejuvenate Modular Hip System in Canada who have not opted out of the class action and their estates and family members.
For a copy of the settlement agreement, which sets out how much compensation you might be entitled, you may contact class counsel.
A motion to approve the settlement agreement is scheduled to be heard by the Ontario Superior Court in Toronto on January 6, 2020.
All class members have the right to object to the settlement or Class Counsel fees, by delivering a written submission to Class Counsel on or before December 23, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. EST. Class members who deliver a notice of objection in a timely way also have a right to present arguments to the Ontario Court as regards the settlement.
A class member who wishes to object to the settlement shall provide in his or her objection to Class Counsel:
- The full name, current mailing address, fax number, telephone number, and email address of the person who is objecting;
- A brief statement of the nature and reasons for the objection or, if you want the settlement to proceed, that you support for the settlement;
- A declaration that the person believes he or she is a member of the Class and the reason for that belief including, if available, the catalogue and lot numbers of his/her Rejuvenate Modular Hip System;
- Whether the person intends to appear at the Approval Hearing on January 6, 2020 or intends to appear by counsel, and if by counsel, the name, address, telephone number, fax number, and email address of counsel; and
- A declaration under the penalty of perjury that the foregoing information is true and correct.