September 1, 2021
Koskie Minsky is a dynamic mid-sized law firm based in the heart of downtown Toronto and represents clients across the country. We have established a unique position and reputation in the Canadian legal community, with industry recognition in respect of all our practices, including our practices in civil litigation, public and private sector pensions and benefits, plaintiff-side class actions, and union-side labour relations.
The Litigation Department at Koskie Minsky offers extensive experience representing clients at all levels of the Ontario Courts, both trial and appellate, and before public and professional tribunals. We represent professional bodies and institutions, businesses and individual clients with an emphasis in Construction Law, Employment Law and Professional Negligence.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Litigation Law Clerk with E-Discovery experience to join our Litigation Department.
- Manage, search and prepare production sets in Relativity and cross-reference production and exhibit documents in the database.
- Utilize analytics, including active learning in Relativity to assist with document review.
- Work with e-Discovery vendor to host and customize Relativity databases.
- Draft pleadings, routine motions, pre-trial and mediation memoranda, judgments, orders, affidavits of documents, etc.
- Trial preparation including preparation of document briefs, drafting notices pursuant to the Evidence Act.
- Perfect appeals: Compile appeal book & compendiums, factums, & books of authorities.
- Draft and prepare bill of costs and cost outlines.
- Maintain enforcement of judgment files including issuing writs, garnishments, seizure and sale of assets and real property and examinations in aid of execution.
- Review and summarize transcripts of examinations and isolating undertakings and refusals and assembling answers to undertakings.
- Complete corporate, business name, bankruptcy, PPSA, Bank Act and execution searches.
- Perform a variety of legal and administrative duties under lawyer supervision, including diarizing deadlines, filings, scheduling meetings and court attendances if applicable, research and preparing correspondence, and communicating with clients, court staff and counsel.
- Organize files and documents.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Law Clerk or Paralegal Diploma required.
- Minimum of five years’ experience as a Law Clerk required.
- Expert level knowledge working in e-discovery, specifically Relativity required.
- Relativity certification preferred.
- Strong knowledge of court forms, procedures, Rules of Civil Procedure & skilled in filings with the Divisional Court and Court of Appeal.
- Proficiency with MS Office, particularly with Excel – intermediate to advanced knowledge and expertise with ECore, Bar-Ex and Teraview.
- Experience with construction litigation is considered an asset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to deal with clients.
- Excellent attention to detail with keen organizational ability.
- Experience with electronic Document Management Systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
Koskie Minsky is committed to and embraces a culture of diversity and inclusion. We welcome those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion. We encourage members of all equity seeking groups to apply.
If you believe that you would be a great fit for this position, please send your resume and qualifications to:
Attention: Director of Human Resources
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.