Responsible for the recruitment, management and development of Summer/Articling Students and Associates at Koskie Minsky LLP, including the functions of hiring, onboarding, integration, education, mentoring, career planning, performance evaluation, compensation and advancement.
Reports directly to the Executive Committee member holding the Professional Development portfolio; maintains a dotted-line reporting relationship to the Chair of the Koskie Minsky Student Committee (with respect to Student issues) and the Chief Operating Officer (with respect to participation as a member of the Koskie Minsky Senior Management team).
The ideal candidate for this position is a mature, tactful, proactive and resourceful lawyer who possesses outstanding interpersonal skills, excellent judgment, a strong work ethic and the ability to deal with challenging situations and adapt to change.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A JD or LL.B. with a minimum of five years of experience in the Ontario legal industry is required. Previous experience supporting Student and/or Associate programs at a law firm is a definite asset but not required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a professional client service perspective.
- Superior judgment and the capacity to exercise it independently in complex situations.
- Exceptional executive functioning skills, including the ability to organize, prioritize, pay attention to detail, exercise discretion, multi-task and design/manage projects to meet budgets and deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well independently and as a member of a collaborative team with colleagues at all levels and in all areas of the Firm.
- Ability to travel periodically and to work overtime as required, particularly during peak recruitment and performance evaluation periods.
- Strong knowledge of the Ontario legal marketplace, Ontario law schools, trends in legal recruitment and developments in law firm professional development issues.
Koskie Minsky is committed to and embraces a culture of diversity and inclusion. We encourage members of all equity seeking groups to apply.
If you believe that you would be a great fit for this position, please send your resume and qualifications to:
Attention: Director of Human Resources
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.