Join the Team at Koskie Minsky LLP
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Corporate Law Clerk to join the Corporate/Commercial/Securities practice of our Pension and Benefits Department.
- Perform a variety of legal and administrative duties under lawyer supervision, including managing and maintaining organization of corporate records which includes performing substantive complex and routine duties in relation to incorporation, organization and changes in corporate structure, including attending to organizational meetings with clients and lawyers.
- Draft and review documents relative to amendment, amalgamation, export/import, dissolution, etc. including the maintenance/update of active & closed corporate records that are both on and off site.
- Coordinate large closing documents and searches; prepare closing agendas and reports on other matters for transactions.
- Track annual returns and renewal of business names etc.
- Draft special charter incorporation (not-for-profit and charities).
- Index and archive corporations’ data.
- Receive, circulate and respond to auditor enquiry letters.
Assist lawyers with corporate due diligence.
- Produce general reports respecting annuals; registration expiry dates, entity list; financial year ends; lawyers list; active/inactive entities etc.
- Reconcile charges for corporate supplies and share certificates.
- Maintain the library of minute books, including minute book filings, retrieval of and purging, as required.
- Update ticklers respecting PPSA registrations, Business name Registration, etc.
- Reconcile accounts from service providers, PPSA, Bank Act etc.
Conduct various searches for commercial transactions which include; corporate searches, PPSA searches and registrations, Bank Act searches, Bankruptcy searches, Litigation searches, Bulk Sales Act Searches, Extra Provincial/Out of Provide searches, etc.
- Law Clerk or Paralegal Diploma required or Completion of the Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario Certification – membership in good standing.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience working as a Corporate Law Clerk required.
- Not-for-profit corporate experience considered an asset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to deal with clients.
- Excellent attention to detail with keen organizational ability.
- Experience with electronic Document Management Systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
- Willingness to accept additional responsibilities as required
If you believe that you would be a great fit for this position, please send your resume and qualifications to:
Director, Human Resources
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.